LCCI is the national guarantee organisation (NGO) for ATA Carnets in the UK and has appointed a network of Chambers to issue them around the country. As NGO the LCCI trains Carnet-issuing staff, produces and updates an Operating Manual, represents the UK at the World ATA Carnet Council, and is ultimately responsible for all Carnets issued from the UK.
WHAT IS AN ATA CARNET AND WHY WOULD MY BUSINESS NEED ONE?
The ATA Carnet is an international Customs document which allows the temporary importation of commercial samples, professional equipment or goods going to either a trade fair or exhibition to countries which are part of the ATA Carnet system. (PLEASE REFER TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR A LIST OF COUNTRIES) Without an ATA Carnet it would be necessary to go through each country's Customs procedures for the temporary admission of goods, i.e. lodging a temporary import bond.
The ATA Carnet simplifies the custom formalities by allowing a single document to be used for clearing goods through Customs in the countries that are part of the ATA Carnet system. An ATA Carnet is valid for one year and allows for movement of the goods shown on the Carnet as many times as required during the 12 months to any of the destinations applied for.
HOW LONDON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY CAN HELP
- Electronically (application is created using our online system. We will print the Carnet and endorse it with original signature and stamp, as the rules require).
- Over the counter form London Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 33 Queen Street, London EC4R 1AP or at one of our export document branch offices
- By post
HOW DO I APPLY FOR AN ATA CARNET?
- ELECTRONICALLYExisting Customers: log in via: londonchamber.co.uk/ecarnet
New Customers: please go to: londonchamber.co.uk/ecarnet and complete the simple registration process
- BY POST / OVER THE COUNTERYou will need to order blank forms to be completed. You can do this by contacting us on T: +44 (0)20 7203 1847 - and paying the issuing fee. You will also have to provide
- Banker's draft or cash
- Bank Guarantee (Banks that we can currently accept guarantees from are: Bank of Scotland plc, Barclays Bank plc, HSBC Bank plc, Lloyds TSB Bank plc, Santander UK plc, Standard Chartered Bank, The Royal Bank of Scotland plc).
- Carnet Security Scheme (CSS) Guarantee - an in-house service by which the Carnet user can arrange for the security to be provided, without having to supply either Banker's Draft, cash or Bank Guarantee. Using CSS- a non-refundable, one off payment -means we can provide you with a 'While You Wait' processing service and there is no 'freezing' of assets or funds (as with other institutions). You can download a Carnet Security Scheme Application below and obtain a CSS Quick Quote here.
EC/CPD/CHINA - TAIWAN CARNET
This Carnet covers goods temporarily imported/exported between the EC and Taiwan. Other than a different colour code and A4 format to distinguish it from the ATA Carnet, the conditions for its use, the goods for which it can be used, and EC Customs procedures are identical.
Members receive significant discount on Carnets. For more information the ATA Carnet, the EC/CPD/China -Taiwan Carnet or any other export documents, give us a call on T: +44 (0)20 7203 1847 or E: Export Documentation.
To chat through how becoming a member of London Chamber of Commerce can help your business, and save you up to 50% on export documentation contact us on T: +44 (0)20 7203 1881 or E: email@example.com. Alternatively you can give us a few details here and we'll call you back or download an application form to post to us.