Asian Business Association
London Chamber of Commerce Asian Business Association (ABA) is a special interest group created in 1995 by Lord Noon and Subhash Thakrar. The ABA provides networking opportunities and business support services. The ABA specialises in the needs of Asian businesses and helps create the best economic conditions in which businesses can flourish, locally, nationally and globally. It is the premier voice for Asian businesses in London.
What does the Asian Business Association offer?
- A voice for the London Asian business community and represents their views to the media, local and central government
- Business networking events that enable companies to make new business connections and enhance their business skills and competitiveness
- Opportunity to engage with high-profile business leaders at events
- Business advice, information and marketing services which help support businesses
- International trade and investment facilitation
The ABA offers:
The opportunity to meet industry leaders - The Asian Business Association frequently holds dinners, receptions, and roundtable meetings. Speakers on such occasions have included James Cann, Gurcharan Das, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Anwar Pervez, Boris Johnson, Sir Mervyn King and Danny Alexander. These high profile events provide excellent opportunities to network with Asian as well as non-Asian businesses.
The opportunity to connect with senior decision makers - at a range of prestigious business networking events designed specifically for Asian businesses. Our events attract leading industry figures as speakers and have impressive guest lists.
Direct access to political and influential figures that shape the landscape that your business operates in - our free, member exclusive political breakfast briefings with senior decision makers of National and Local government, the Opposition and their Advisors enables your business to have a voice and give your views first-hand.
The opportunity to influence government policy affecting Asian businesses - by being part of the LCCI's highly regarded Asian Business Association committee that makes representations to National and Local government on issues that affect the industry.
Help to expand your business overseas - with so many overseas markets potentially offering opportunities, we can help your business research and enter new international markets by offering you advice, market information, relevant contacts seminars and overseas trade missions.
As the ABA is part of LCCI, businesses can access the many benefits of LCCI membership.
Asian Business Association Committee
The Asian Business Association is guided by an influential committee chaired by Vijay Goel, Partner at Singhania & Co.
- Tony Matharu, (Chairman) - Managing Director, Grange Hotels
- Rahul Mehta (Deputy Chairman) - Managing Director, ViCoS Ltd.
- Rajesh Agrawal - Chairman and CEO, Rational Group
- John Athwal - Managing Director, Premier Decorations Ltd.
- Satish Chatwani - Director, Fairview Hotels & Healthcare Ltd.
- Kalyani Gandhi-Rhodes - UK South Asia Engagement Manager, Oxfam
- Abida Ghafoor - Managing Director, Arc Management Consulting Ltd.
- Tarun Ghulati - President and CEO, Squared Watermelon Ltd.
- Vijay Goel - Partner, Singhania & Co LLP
- Mihir Kapadia - Director, Sun Global Investments Ltd.
- Sheetal Kapoor - Managing Director, Europoint Holdings Ltd.
- Nish Kotecha - Director, Znaptag Ltd.
- Harshad Kothari - Senior Consultant, SAS Consultancy
- Mitul Patel - Managing Director, Face2Face
- Professor Poonam Kumar - Chairperson, Mega Ace Consultancy
- Dr K Lalvani - Chairman, Vitabiotics Ltd.
- Leena Mehta - CEO, Talent Analytrix Ltd.
- S K Mongia - Chairman, Strongfield Technologies Ltd.
- Deepak Nangla - Managing Director, Brightsun Travel Ltd.
- Dr Chris Nonis - Chairman, Mackwoods Ltd.
- Bashir Nurmohamed - CEO, Hantec Markets Ltd.
- Mitul Patel - Director, Face2face
- Rami Ranger - Managing Director, Sun Mark Ltd.
- Nilesh Shah - Managing Director, Falcon Private Wealth Ltd.
- Vimal Shah - Director, PSJ Alexander & Co LLP
- Govind Shahi - Business Head UK and Americas, IndiaCast UK
- Mahanta Shrestha - Chairman, Khukuri Beer
- Pitu Suri - Director, Oceanic Jewellers Ltd.
- Manish Tiwari - Founder and Managing Director, Here & Now 365 Ltd.
- Dhimant Trivedi - Chief Executive, European Operations, Bank of Baroda
Find out more about the ABA Committee members
Asian Business Association Events
The ABA regularly holds events which include prestige receptions, black-tie dinners, seminars and meetings. For more information on ABA events and to view the ABA events calendar, click here
How to access ABA?
Businesses can access ABA by joining LCCI which is one of the few Chambers in the UK with an established Asian Business Association
Enjoy the many benefits of LCCI membership
Click here to view LCCI membership costs
For any ABA related queries, contact the Member Relationship team, on T: +44 (0)20 7203 1713 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABA is on LinkedIn and Twitter
Mentions of Asian Business Association
Nov 24 2014: Rt Hon Nick Clegg MP, Deputy Prime Minister at Asian Business Association dinner Read more
Nov 12 2014: London best city in the world to live in - Mr G P Hinduja Read more
Aug 26 2014: Vijay Goel, ABA Chairman, part of Deputy PM's delegation to India Read more
July 23 2014: ABA-CII seminar on India-UK trade ties Read more
May 29 2014: Asian Business Association's networking reception at the Indian High Commission More
May 29 2014: Asian Business Association's networking reception hosted by the Indian High Commission Read more
May 16 2014: Vijay Goel, Chairman, ABA discusses election results from India, what the win means to the nation's economy and his expectations for the new government Click here to view
May 8 2014: Business Question Time with Rt. Hon Danny Alexander MP, Chief Secretary to the Treasury, hosted by LCCI Read more
Asian Business Association in London Business Matters
London Business Matters is the Chamber's monthly magazine with a readership of 18,000 opinion formers in the capital's business community
ABA seminar at LCCI - India in the Modi Mode
ABA at Dada J P Vaswani event - Voyage of discovery
ABA Networking Reception - Indian High Commission hosts the ABA
Q&A with Mr. Prakash Shah - India post-election
Business Question Time with Rt. Hon Danny Alexander MP - Leading the growth agenda
Enquiries relating to LCCI Asian Business Association should be directed to the Member Relationship team on T: +44 (0)20 7203 1713 or E: email@example.com