EUR1 Movement Certificate

An EUR1 Movement Certificate is used to support claims for preferential (usually zero) rates of duty in the country of importation. To qualify the goods must 'originate' in the UK or EU and be supported by a correctly completed and endorsed EUR1. Note that this system will continue at least until the UK has formally left the EU.


What countries offer preference?

The preference system only applies to countries that have trade agreements with the EU. These countries are listed below together with the applicable HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) Notice number:

Albania (828) Algeria (828) Bosnia/ Herzegovina (828) Ceuta and Melilla (828) Chile (828)
Colombia (828) Egypt (828) Faroe Islands (828) Honduras (828) Iceland (828)
Israel (828) Jordan (828) Lebanon (828) Liechtenstein (828) Macedonia (828)
Mexico (832) Montenegro (828) Morocco (828) Nicaragua (828) Norway (828)
Panama (828) Peru (828) Serbia (828) South Africa (828) Switzerland (828)
Syria (828) Tunisia (828) Turkey (828) Ukraine (828) West Bank/ Gaza Strip (828)

CARIFORUM COUNTRIES (828) – Antigua &Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Christopher &Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent &the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad &Tobago, Haiti. GSP beneficiary countries (830).

HMRC Notice numbers shown in brackets for each country above are only applicable if the goods were manufactured by the exporter. Exporters who have bought in goods for export in the same state should make reference to Notice 827 in their Declaration. When completing an EUR1 form it is essential that the exporter or authorised agent consults HMRC Notices 827, 828, 830, 832 to ensure that the goods 'originate' in accordance with the rules.

What documents do I need to supply as a backup?

  • A Commercial Invoice and packing list
  • If you have authorised another company to sign the EUR1 on your behalf, then you also need to submit a Letter of Authorisation
  • If the goods were shipped before the Certificate is issued, then you will also need to submit proof of shipment (bill of lading, airway bill, CMR note etc.). Box 7 on the Certificate will need to state “Issued retrospectively”.

How do I apply for an EUR1 Movement Certificate?

Click on the links below to find out more:

EUR1 Certificate Guidance Notes 

EUR1 Frequently Asked Questions 

Agent Authorisation Requirements

Letter Of Authorisation 

EUR1 Template – for manual applications only

Price List