LCCI Member: £300.00 exc VAT
Non-member: £350.00 exc VAT
Training Course Dates: 06/09/2022, 20/10/2022, 14/12/2022.
An introduction course providing candidates with fundamental skills and knowledge to prepare and process the documents required for exporting goods overseas. It is fully supported with user friendly and up-to-date notes (including copies of completed documents) to ensure the skills learned can be used effectively back in the workplace.
During the introduction course candidates will study the principles and current industry practices required to ensure that they can process documents thus ensuring they operate both legally and cost effectively. They will understand the documents required for international shipments and transportation and where to go for further help and advice.
- “The Foundations” including a look at information sources, legal requirements, record keeping and software systems
- The significance of documentary content - with specific reference to Incoterms® 2020, how to prove origin and the commodity code
- Exporters commercial documents - quotations, invoices and packing lists
- The "origin documents" - including Country of Origin, EUR1s and ATRs
- Further official export documents – export licences, pre-shipment inspection, and C88 SAD
- Dealing with the freight forwarder - including ECSIs, SSNs
- The proof of export documents - including Bills of lading, AWBs and CMR notes
- Payment mechanisms and a review of the documents needed to ensure payment
- Sources of help and advice
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at owner/proprietors of small businesses that manage their own export and customs processes and personnel who administer the functions within larger organisations. This includes staff working in export administration, export sales and freight moving who are required to deal with export documents within their organisation.
The course is valuable for both newcomers wanting an introduction and overview, and experienced staff needing a refresher on current requirements. At the end of the course, candidates will have received training to ensure they can confidently deal with export documents within their organisation thus ensuring both legal compliance and cost effectiveness for all of their exports.
This course can also count as a credit towards the British Chamber of Commerce Foundation Award in International Trade. Candidates attending six or more courses and obtaining six or more credits receive the Award.
Please note: the training will not be delivered by LCCI. We are working in conjunction with Chamber Customs, who are delivering the training courses through the Accredited Chamber Network.
For cancellation terms, please click here.