From 1 May 2022, the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Hanoi will become the 78th guaranteeing organisation member of the WCF/ATA international guarantee chain.
- ATA Carnets will be accepted by the Customs of Vietnam for the following categories of goods: goods for display or use at exhibitions, fairs, meetings, or similar events
- ATA Carnets are not accepted for transit
- ATA Carnets are not accepted for postal traffic
- ATA Carnets are accepted for both hand carried goods and freight
- Importation in multiple / split consignments is not accepted. However, importing only a part of the goods is allowed under the condition that said imported items are re-exported as 1 consignment.
What languages Carnets should be completed? English. Vietnamese Customs may require translation when Carnets are completed in any other language.
Are replacement Carnets accepted? Replacement Carnets are accepted in accordance with Article 14 of Annex A to the Istanbul Convention.
What are the front cover details? The front cover details are Vietnam (VN) 2
Whate are the back cover details (PG 5)? The back cover details are Vietnam (VN) Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Hanoi.
- Please ensure that the Chamber ring stamp is initialled over the insertion of this information while using up old stock.
What are the Security Rates? The Security Rates are 40% for all goods codes.
More about ATA Carnets