Small and medium-sized enterprises can win contracts within large scale supply chains by taking the following steps:
- Networking: Attend industry events, trade shows, and conferences to meet other professionals in your field, as well as potential clients and partners.
- Marketing: Promote your business and its capabilities to potential clients and partners. Make sure your website and other materials are professional and up-to-date.
- Proposal and bidding: Be responsive, professional and follow instructions when bidding on contracts and responding to requests for proposals.
- Subcontracting: Work with larger companies as a subcontractor to gain experience and build relationships.
- Certification: Obtain certifications that demonstrate your company's capabilities, such as ISO 9001 for quality management.
- Meet and exceed industry standards: Large-scale supply chains usually requires partners that meet and exceed industry standards.
- Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with supply chain partners and clients.
- Specialise: focus on a specific product or service, and become an expert in it, this will make you stand out from competition.
- Innovation: Continually look for ways to improve your products, services, and processes to stay competitive.