We work together to create a fair, diverse, safe, motivating and fulfilling environment. And we all contribute to meeting challenges and creating success. We do this with:
- cross-team working groups, employee surveys, and self-appraisals
- training and development opportunities – often on the job – to challenge and stretch our peers, while helping widen their experience and encouraging them to take responsibility
- social activities, both in and outside Chamber time, that promote wellbeing and work-life balance
- competitive pay and benefits, and recognising those who provide great customer service.
We uphold high standards and professionalism when working and communicating with customers and suppliers. We do this with:
- socially responsible, quality products and services for all business sectors and sizes
- sustainable procurement, transparency in our supply chains, open tender processes, and paying our bills on time
- customer values
- supplier diversity
- Board of Directors' Code of Conduct, Management and Employee Standards
- clear and consistent messages.
As one of only 52 accredited UK Chambers, we encourage excellence in the areas of leadership, people, resources, representation, influence and engagement, and customer service.
We encourage a positive contribution to the community. We do this with:
- work experience, internships, and apprenticeships – and encouraging members to offer the same
- employee fundraising activities such as ‘dress down’ days, social events and challenges
- donating computer equipment, furniture, stationery, and clothes to charities.
Our award-winning environmental activities include:
- promoting best practice to our employees, members, suppliers and stakeholders
- diverting more than 80% of waste from landfill
- 'green' cleaning products
- renewable energy to power our head office
- minimising our use of 'disposables'.
In 2014, we won the top prize in the Corporation of London Clean City Awards Scheme. And in 2012, 2013 and 2015 we won a Platinum Award. More than 1,650 companies (sites) participate in the awards - from small shops and food outlets to multi-national companies.