Contact Us

EUR1 Movement Certificate

An EUR1 Movement Certificate is used to support claims for preferential (usually zero) rates of duty in the country of importation. To qualify the goods must 'originate' in the UK and be supported by a correctly completed and endorsed EUR1. 

How to apply for a EUR1 Movement Certificate

New Customers

We have three offices in London where you can get your documents processed. Please download and complete the formal undertaking for the office you would like to use: 

Please email the completed formal undertaking to and LCCI will use this information to set up your online account. 

LCCI will set up your account on This a third-party site which is provided and managed by LCCI. You will receive an email from LCCI with your account details and further information to start submitting your online applications.

Login to your account and submit your applications.  All applications are reviewed and certificated by LCCI Trade Documents Officers.

Existing Customers

Login to your account and submit your applications.  All applications are reviewed and certificated by LCCI Trade Documents Officers.

The Formal Undertaking needs to be renewed every year. If your Formal Undertaking has expired, you can still submit online applications but they will only be processed once your Formal Undertaking has been renewed. You can check the status and renew your Formal Undertaking on your online account.


  • Some countries do not accept electronic signatures. For these counties you will need to provide us with a presigned blank official EUR1 form, we will use this to print your application. You can request the forms by emailing
  • For DIY applications you will need to obtain beforehand an official blank EUR1 to print your application once it’s approved by our officers. You can request the forms by emailing
  • For help and guidance, please read EUR1 Certificate guidance notes.

What documents do I need to supply as a backup?

  • A Commercial Invoice and packing list
  • If you have authorised another company to sign the EUR1 on your behalf, then you also need to submit a Letter of Authorisation
  • If the goods were shipped before the Certificate is issued, then you will also need to submit proof of shipment (bill of lading, airway bill, CMR note etc.). Box 7 on the Certificate will need to state “Issued retrospectively”.

Which countries offer EUR1 Certificate preference?

The preference system only applies to countries that have trade agreements with the UK. Click below for the list of countries.

More Information on EUR1 Certificates Countries

How do I claim preference for exports to European Union, Japan, South Korea and Turkey?

If the goods are of preferential UK origin, then preference must be claimed by self-certification via a declaration on the invoice which must include a UK EORI number. The commercial invoice must describe the original product in sufficient detail to enable its identification.

Can I import goods from a preference giving country and then re-export to EU under preference?

Preferential exports are subject to direct transportation rules. This means that the goods would have to be shipped from the preference giving country to the EU directly in order to benefit from EU preference. Companies that buy goods from preference giving countries and mainly sell to EU customers should consider setting up an EU entity that can take care of imports into EU.  

  • Cost of EUR1 Movement Certificate

    The issuing cost of a EUR1 Certificate of movement is £55.80. LCCI Members can benefit from the discounted rate of £27.90. 

    EUR1 forms give preferential import entry (usually a zero duty rate) for qualifying goods when shipped to countries that have signed a trade agreement with United Kingdom.

More Information about EUR1 Movement Certificate


Where do I obtain EUR1 Movement Certificates?

London Chamber of Commerce and Industry
33 Queen Street, London EC4R 1AP
10.00am - 4.00pm Monday to Fridays

Cut-off time for document processing
C/Os - 3.45pm
Carnets regular 3.45pm
Carnet express 3.00pm

Contact details
C/Os: T: +44 (0)20 7248 4444
Carnets: T: +44 (0)20 7248 4444

Barking Branch Office
12 Town Quay Wharf
Abbey Road
Essex IG11 7BZ

9:00am - 5.00pm
Monday and Tuesday

Cut-off time for document processing
Times vary - please contact Barking Branch Office

Contact details
T: +44 (0)20 7248 4444

Hounslow Branch Office
Unit 20 Bellview Court
183 Hanworth Road
Hounslow TW3 3TQ

10.00am - 12.30pm
1.30pm - 4.00pm
Tuesday to Friday

Cut-off time for document processing
Times vary - please contact Hounslow Branch Office

Contact details
T: +44 (0)20 7248 4444
F:+44 (0)20 8814 1563

*Any applications received outside of the working hours or weekends will be counted as having been submitted on the next working day

How do I apply for an EUR1 Certificate?
  • Obtain a Blank Original EUR1 Certificate from the London Chamber of Commerce by emailing or over the counter at one of our branch offices

  • Complete your application online:

  • The system will provide you with processing instructions
        - For EUR1 Certificates, the system will either give you a choice to print in your own office (DIY) or for the document to be issued at the LCCI branch office (Chamber Printed service). For certain countries, the system will provide you with a cover letter that will need to be printed off and sent to the branch office that is issuing your document together with a pre-signed EUR1 Certificate.

Handwritten documents are not allowed.

When applying to the Chamber for EUR1 Certificates, can you please advise what documents I need to include as back up?

A Commercial Invoice must always be submitted with EUR1 Movement Certificate applications.

If you have authorised an agent to sign the EUR1 on your behalf, then you also need to submit a Letter of Authorisation.

Please note that all information stated on EUR1 Certificates must be backed up by suitable documentation (i.e. packing list or shipping document for weight & packaging etc)

How much will it cost?

Click here for a Price List London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) Members receive up to 50% discount on standard prices.

How long will it take?

EUR1 Movement Certificates are processed while you wait when submitted over the counter (please note that documents completed by hand will not be accepted). Electronically we will usually process them within 24 hours (DIY service). Postal applications are usually processed and posted out on the same day as received.

Important information on EUR1 Certificates

EUR1 Certificate only applies to exports from the United Kingdom and the goods must be of preferential UK origin (if you are the manufacturer of the goods shipped, then you must ensure that the rules specified in HMRC Notice 828 and 832 are met. If you bought the goods and are re-exporting them, then the supplier must provide you with a signed declaration confirming that the goods are of preferential UK origin (any statements that do not mention preferential origin are insufficient i.e. “goods were manufactured in the UK” would be inadequate for the purposes of preferential origin).

Can I apply for EUR1 Certificates Retrospectively?

 Yes. You will, however, have to provide LCCI with proof of Export (i.e. copy of Bill of Lading, Export declaration etc).

Are there any specific requirements for exports involving EUR1 Certificate?
  • Goods must be exported from the United Kingdom (we cannot issue EUR1 Certificate if the goods are exported from another country)

  • Direct Transport Rules apply –The purpose of direct transport is to ensure that the goods arriving in the country of import are the same as those which left the country of export. However, if for any reason the goods pass through or stop-over in, the territory of a third country provided that they stay under customs supervision, the conditions of direct transport are considered to have been fulfilled.

  • Proof of compliance with the direct transport rule may be given by a single transport document covering the passage of the goods through the country of transit or, for example, a "non-manipulation certificate" issued by the authorities of that country.

Can I have an EUR1 certificate legalised by an embassy?

No, these Certificates can only be certified by the authorized Chambers of Commerce or HMRC.

My goods are being exported from another country. Can I apply for an EUR1 in the UK?

No, UK Issuing Bodies are only allowed to facilitate preferential exports out of the UK.

Does the EUR1 Certificate have to be signed?

Yes. Sign the Box 12 on pages 1 and 3 and complete relevant declarations and sign the bottom part of the page 4. You may also authorize an agent to apply and sign the EUR1 Certificate on your behalf. In such cases you must authorize the agent in writing and confirm that the goods qualify for preference (please refer to Letter of Authorization link on our webpage).

Do I have to include weights on my EUR1 Certificates?

Yes it can be net or gross or both (we will require documentary backup to verify the accuracy of this information).

I would like to be able to check Import Duties rates applicable to my customers overseas. Is there anywhere I could try?
Can the London Chamber help me to lodge Customs Declarations for my exports and imports?

We have a dedicated team of Customs Declaration Specialists who can take care of your Customs entries. You may find further information on the Customs Declarations service.

Your enquiry

Mandatory field

By clicking 'submit' you agree to your data being processed in accordance with the LCCI Privacy Policy.

Answer the question below:
  Please enter the smallest digit into the text box.