LONDON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Membership of London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (“LCCI”, “the Chamber”, “we”, “our”, “us”), participation in the London Chamber Community Network (“the Network”), utilising LCCI services and using the LCCI website are subject to terms and conditions and a code of conduct as listed below:
Membership and Community Network Code of Conduct
London Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the London Chamber Business Community Network (“Network”) offer businesses with advice and support. All businesses who are Chamber members or who have registered with the Network must adhere to the Code of Conduct (Code). This is as follows:
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry supports businesses in making connections and building relationships. This is not a ‘hard sales’ environment and all participants, whether paying members or part of the Network must embrace this principle.
- Individuals and businesses are encouraged to support each other. We embrace inclusivity and diversity and do not tolerate harassment or bullying in any way. LCCI members and those who are part of the Network must comply with this ethos.
- Information and advice received by being a LCCI member or part of the Network is not to be used by individuals and businesses within the Chamber membership or the Network to the detriment of fellow businesses.
- Being part of the Network does not entitle you to claim to be a member of the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry or have the same access to services as LCCI members. To become a member of the Chamber, you must adhere to the process set out in the Chamber’s Articles of Association.
- To join the Chamber as a member or to be part of the Network, the company you represent must be registered with Companies House. Therefore, LCCI membership and the Network are not open to non-registered businesses.
- The nature of your business must be legal and legitimate. Therefore, its activities must be in accordance with UK law and, if based outside of the UK, the laws of the country in which it is located.
- The London Chamber of Commerce and Industry reserves the right to withdraw membership or the registration of any participant of the Network who does not comply with this Code of Conduct. (The determination of the compliance of businesses who are, or are seeking to be, part of the Network with the Code is ultimately at LCCI’s discretion.)
- The Code of Conduct may be changed by LCCI at any time. It is the responsibility of each business within the Chamber membership or the Network to ensure compliance with the latest version of the Code at all times.
Standards of Behaviour
LCCI believe both staff and members should feel safe, respected, and recognised and we take our code of conduct and standards of behaviour extremely seriously. LCCI is committed to ensuring LCCI employees and members:
- Maintain high standards of personal conduct at all times. LCCI will not tolerate any behaviour from members or employees that breaches our core values of trust, integrity, fairness, respect or professionalism.
- Never treat a member or colleague disrespectfully or in any manner that would cause another to feel uncomfortable, unsafe or threatened.
- Never treat colleagues of members with bias or prejudice. We expect LCCI staff and members to treat others professionally, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, nationality or belief. LCCI will not tolerate harassment or bullying in any form.
- Never knowingly cause, encourage, or permit others to break the LCCI code of conduct.
- Where alcohol is served at our events it should be drunk in moderation. The use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited and this or any other criminal offence will be reported to the police or other relevant authorities.
LCCI will listen to any concerns raised willingly and in confidence. Any breach of the code of conduct by LCCI employees, staff or members should be reported to LCCI HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 203 2389.
1. Terms of Website Use
2. Other applicable terms
Our Memorandum and Articles of Association and Byelaws.
3. Information about us
www.londonchamber.co.uk is a site operated by London Chamber of Commerce and Industry ("we", "us", "our"). We are registered in England and Wales as a private company limited by guarantee and have our registered office at 33 Queen Street, London EC4R 1AP. Our VAT number is GB 243 4543 74.
4. Changes to these terms
5. Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
6. Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge. Visitors can use our site for free. Paying members or those companies who are part of the London Chamber Community Network (LCCN) have access to a Members Zone which gives them access to benefits and services as part of their membership or Network entitlements. Non-members can also book (and pay for) some events which are open to everyone.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our site or any service or product described on our site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
7. Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com
8. Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. To discuss this further please contact us at: Marketing Department, London Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 33 Queen Street, London EC4R 1AP, UK, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to legal advice on which you should rely.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
10. Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user of our site for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
use of, or inability to use, our site; or
use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
Please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
loss of anticipated savings;
loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
You agree not to use our site for commercial purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
11. Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, your use of our site must be only for lawful purposes and not in a manner that would damage our reputation in any way or be considered inappropriate, offensive or inflammatory.
You warrant that any such contribution or use of our site does comply with the above standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in section 11.1.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
12. Rights you licence
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content for our business purposes including, but not limited to, the services provided by our site and to promote our site and the services we offer.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
14. Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
15. Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
16. Applicable law
17. Trade marks
"London Chamber of Commerce and Industry", "LCCI", "Enterprise with Prudence", "LCCI Chinese Business Association" and "Avenueto" are UK registered trade marks of London Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
18. Contact us
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.