EUR1 Movement Certificate

An EUR1 Movement Certificate is used to support claims for preferential (usually zero) rates of duty in the country of importation. To qualify the goods must 'originate' in the UK and be supported by a correctly completed and endorsed EUR1. 

How do I apply for an EUR1 Movement Certificate?

What documents do I need to supply as a backup?

  • A Commercial Invoice and packing list
  • If you have authorised another company to sign the EUR1 on your behalf, then you also need to submit a Letter of Authorisation
  • If the goods were shipped before the Certificate is issued, then you will also need to submit proof of shipment (bill of lading, airway bill, CMR note etc.). Box 7 on the Certificate will need to state “Issued retrospectively”.

Which countries offer EUR1 Certificate preference?

The preference system only applies to countries that have trade agreements with the UK. Click below for the list of countries.

More Information

How do I claim preference for exports to European Union, Japan, South Korea and Turkey?

If the goods are of preferential UK origin, then preference must be claimed by self-certification via a declaration on the invoice which must include a UK EORI number. The commercial invoice must describe the original product in sufficient detail to enable its identification.

Can I import goods from a preference giving country and then re-export to EU under preference?

Preferential exports are subject to direct transportation rules. This means that the goods would have to be shipped from the preference giving country to the EU directly in order to benefit from EU preference. Companies that buy goods from preference giving countries and mainly sell to EU customers should consider setting up an EU entity that can take care of imports into EU.  

  • Cost of EUR1 Movement Certificate

    The issuing cost of a EUR1 Certificate of movement is £48.00. LCCI Members can benefit from the discounted rate of £24.00. 

    EUR1 forms give preferential import entry (usually a zero duty rate) for qualifying goods when shipped to countries that have signed a trade agreement with United Kingdom.

Your enquiry

Mandatory field

Are you interested in finding out about LCCI Membership?

By clicking 'submit' you agree to your data being processed in accordance with the LCCI Privacy Policy.