Training, Exam and Support Costs
Training Course Dates TBC
Our advanced CHIEF to CDS Switchover training course is suitable for agents with practical experience in submitting customs declarations in CHIEF.
Is your company prepared for the upcoming deadlines?
After five years of preparation, The Customs Declaration Service (CDS) will be the long-term replacement for the current CHIEF (Customs Handling Imports and Export Freight) platform - replacing a system based on paperwork with a digital platform.
CHIEF will be closing its e-doors for import declarations on 30 September 2022 and for export declarations on 30 November 2023.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for agents with practical experience in submitting customs declarations in CHIEF, who will need to complete import and export declarations with EU or third countries.
Our training is instructor lead, delivered online with a remote package comprising e-learning modules.
Our training will cover:
- Overview of the CDS data groups
- Export declaration demonstration
- Import declaration demonstration
- Highlights of the differences between CHIEF to CDS
- Additional data requirements
- Post-course access to training materials for additional self-learning
Our instructors are hands-on and have been busy at the forefront of CDS testing and development since its beginning, working closely with HMRC, software developers and CSPs. We are proud to be known as CDS trailblazers, amongst the first agents in the UK to submit live import and export declarations on CDS.
Would you like to become a ‘Customs Clearance – Accredited Agent’?
The British Chambers of Commerce has defined a formal syllabus and developed a formal qualification specific for Customs Agents. It’s the first specific customs clearance exam in the country. The exam is externally certified by APMG; a UKAS recognised, international accreditation body.
Please note: that additional self-learning is required to prepare for the exam.
Post Training Support Packages
- 8 hours of ticketed support, drawn down in 30 minute blocks, valid for up to 12 weeks
- Access to our helpdesk system for post-training materials for 12 weeks
- Access to our CDS customs declaration software for entering customs declarations in a test environment for 12 weeks
- Import and export instruction exercises for practicing
Exam with Support Package:
- Support package as above
- Sample test exam
- Open session to discuss sample exam
Bolt-On Customs Advisory Consultation Service
As an additional service after the training, you can add a four-hour advisory service at a reduced price. This will give you access to one of our consultants for a high-level analysis of specific challenges your business faces when importing and exporting.
Find out more about the cancellation terms.
Return to LCCI International Trade Training Courses Page